|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon's Internal Audit (IA) team needs an experienced and technical leader for our new AWS Technical Program Management team. We are looking for a someone who can lead and develop responsible for performing technical assessments of AWS services and business processes.
As the Manager of the AWS TPM team, you will:
• Lead a team of TPMs responsible for mapping out and analyzing system architectures of AWS services and infrastructure.
• Partner with the IA's Security Program and Security Engineering teams to dive deep into the inner workings of AWS services to identify and surface risks and issues, including security, resiliency, etc.
• Partner with engineering teams and technical experts to drive issues to resolution
• Work with AWS executives and senior technology leaders to understand key business initiatives and identify business and technology risks across AWS
This position will provide you with a challenging opportunity to combine your leadership qualities and technical knowledge in order to influence and drive successful and high quality technical assessments.
An ideal candidate:
• Has an extensive technical background and the ability to learn new technology concepts quickly
• Is a leader who is known for diving deep into a subject matter, taking ownership, and encouraging innovative and pragmatic solutions to complex problems
• Has prior experience leading and developing technical teams
• Has solid business judgment, enthusiasm for risk management, executive presence, and the capability to drive a fast-paced organization to the right results
• Demonstrates resilience and navigates difficult situations with composure and tact
This position may require up to 10% travel, including some international travel.
• 7+ years of experience in technical leadership roles (e.g., technical program management, systems architecture, system development, site reliability engineering, or a related technical fields)
• 5+ years of people management experience
• 5+ years of experience working with engineering teams to deliver software requiring coordination between hardware, software teams and operations
• 7+ years of demonstrable experience in project management and coordinating/driving release schedules
• Experience architecting, securing, and operating Amazon Web Services
• Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts
• Understanding of information security, privacy frameworks, and compliance requirements
• Technical knowledge in multiple security domains
• Skilled in risk management, business risk analysis, and making complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, product managers, and senior business leaders