|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Alexa On-the-go team is focused on making Alexa usable outside the home. From the simplest voice commands (start my commute, find me directions to work) to use cases spanning fitness, points of interests, and navigation, we are evolving Alexa into an intelligent, indispensable companion that automates and predicts daily routines, simplifies interactions.
Our team is looking for an experienced Sr Technical Program Manager to lead a strategically important industry initiative to enable manageability and interoperability. You will be responsible for leading this initiative across Amazon. In addition, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering the end-to-end project. You will drive the project definition, execution and overall business needs. You will work with senior leaders across Amazon to deliver this project. Hence, this job requires a high degree of maturity, excellent communication skills and judgement, as well as ability to negotiate and influence organization leaders across Amazon.
Program Managers in On-the-Go must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a Sr TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
•BS in computer science, computer engineering or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of technical program/project management experience, including collecting requirements, coordinated scoping, scheduling, deployment, cost/benefit analysis and communicating plans and results within a broad organization
• 2+ years of program management for consumer devices
• Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• Previous experience working with and managing vendor relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting complex
concepts and information to customers and senior management
• Tracking and mitigating risks on multiple large scale projects simultaneously
•Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
• Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with customers and dependent teams