|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud powering hundreds of thousands of businesses in hundreds of countries around the world.
We're seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager in Columbus, OH or Herndon, VA to support regional data center infrastructure growth initiatives. The TPM will lead cross functional and technical teams to drive projects from conceptual design feasibility through requirements, budget, completed design, implementation, testing, and deployment.
At Amazon, along with technical strength, we expect our leaders to interact with internal and external customers, partners and suppliers to understand our joint business goals and priorities, and to execute rapidly, delivering high-quality functionality.
Candidate must be comfortable managing remote project delivery teams, and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success. Being able to create cross-functional matrix-based teams, establish trust with a variety of stakeholders and customers across multiple time zones, manage capital budgets, eliminate non-value-add activity, design solutions, remove blockers, and find creative ways to accelerate project delivery is a must.
The ideal candidate will be an exceptionally strong communicator, both written and verbally, and possess 5-7+ years of experience in tactical project management of highly technical initiatives. At least 2 years of strategic program management experience desired. Strong judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence without authority, analytical talent and leadership along with the capacity to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities are a must. Experience in managing data center infrastructure deployments is a plus. A Bachelor's Degree or additional technical experience is required. Candidates possessing a background in architecture/design, mechanical/electrical engineering, software/network engineering, data center infrastructure/operations, and/or construction, who have transitioned to a program management discipline will have a distinct advantage.
The TPM will be fully competent in a variety of project management tools, methodologies and techniques for all phases of the project lifecycle and exhibit demonstrated experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk management, reporting and metric development/tracking. Other requirements include experience with MS Office, MS Project and MS SharePoint. Experience with Tableau, KanBan, Playbook, SQL and systems integration a plus.
If you meet these qualifications, exude passion, and enjoy the challenges of deploying highly technical and innovative projects at massive scale, this job is for you!
This position requires the candidate selected must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance. The position further requires, after start, the selected candidate obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with or without polygraph and satisfy other security related requirements.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's Degree AND 5+ years of project management experience OR 7+ years of project management experience (experience can be substituted for degree)
• 5+ years experience in core project management disciplines including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management
• 4+ years experience in analytical, quantitative, communication, and presentations
• Experience with MS Project, MS Office, and MS Sharepoint
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• Master's Degree or advanced professional certifications in management of complex, high value technology infrastructure projects
• Experience with and deep understanding of multiple project management methodologies
• Experience in managing data center infrastructure deployments
• Good understanding of data center technologies
• Familiarity with the AWS product suite
• Experience of leading matrixed teams and individuals across multiple locations
• Experience working in an international projects environment
• Well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.