|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon's Ad Products organization builds advertising experiences that range from custom placements on Amazon, to our Mobile Ad Network, to the Kindle with Special Offers, and a whole lot more. We are constantly improving these products and building new ones to drive relevant advertising experiences for our customers through social media, apps, and websites. At the same time, we obsess about customer trust and ensure that we build products in a manner that maintains our high bar for customer privacy. We are looking for technically adept leaders that can work closely with our product development teams, helping them build products that keep improving on our standards.
About you: You are a seasoned technical program manager/engineer looking for a career where you will be able to lead initiatives across numerous teams at Amazon, both within Ad Products, and beyond. Your focus will be to help teams design their systems and customer experiences in a manner that upholds our high bar for customer trust. You are able to quickly grasp system design, data flows and other technical aspects of a service. You also enjoy learning and contributing to aspects about the business, legal, or marketing side of a product. You are an excellent translator between various part of the business and the technical teams you work with. Above all, you feel strongly about protecting customers.
You may already know if you are a fit, but perhaps you are worried about technology and experience requirements. Don't be - we are looking for smart, proven, technically adept individuals; if you are the right candidate, we are flexible.
• 5+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
• Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
• Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
• Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
• 3+ years of coding experience in Java, C++, and Perl
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience managing efforts in Unix/Linux environments, distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
• Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
• Experience in information privacy, security and/or advertising
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Masters degree in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
• Track record of delivery
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
• Excellent communication standards
• Experience building processes, project management, and release schedules
• Prior experience as a software developer
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, and a consideration for scale, efficiency and performance
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.