|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services, the fastest growing group in Amazon, is seeking to expand our Network Scaling team with a Technical Program Manager!
You will be responsible for prioritization, scheduling and execution of network changes and upgrades across Amazon Data Centers. You will manage our cross-functional projects, which require working with all organizational levels and groups including network operations, network engineering staff and internal project management teams, as well as external vendors. You will develop and manage project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders, define problem solving and risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution through the full project cycle. A strong background in IT infrastructure, technology deployment or computer science is essential for your success in this position. You must have a proven track record of project completion that is on time and within budget. You must be able to command the intellectual respect of engineers as well as run extremely effective projects on compressed and timelines while dealing with ambiguity with grace and maturity.
• Manage multiple competing cross-functional projects/programs simultaneously, some on a global scale.
• Interact with engineers, technicians, project managers and senior management on a daily basis
• Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
• Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs.
• Ensure consistency in deployed configurations and track exceptions for follow up.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• BS or MS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field.
• 3+ years of technical program management experienec
• Experience in commercial data center, co-location environments, and/or optical transport/network environments.
• Excellent organizational skills and project tracking abilities; experience of procurement and logistics, strong focus and attention to detail; the ability to work in a very fast-paced, hectic, and energetic environment, yet able to maintain high quality standards; project/task prioritization and schedule development.
• Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with resources and dependent teams
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role