|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
India Kindle Content team is looking for a smart, data-oriented and highly motivated Sr. Product Manager to lead the eBooks store shopping & purchase experience. You will have the responsibility to lead the creation and launch of features and programs that help continue our mission of reinventing reading. You will design and execute the long-term product strategy for eBooks in India, and influence partner teams' roadmaps to innovate on behalf of customers in India. You will work closely with various stakeholders within the team and partner teams to identify key customer pain points, create innovative solutions, define the customer experience, and work with the development team to launch them. This role also offers opportunities to contribute to the purchase experience of new products that Amazon is developing for the education segment.
A successful candidate in this role should be entrepreneurial, a passionate advocate of the customer, comfortable with juggling multiple priorities, and experienced in translating customer insights into product-driven solutions. You should be comfortable working independently while dealing with ambiguity, and have experience in influencing stakeholders across the board, often without direct authority.
• Create and maintain the product roadmap for the team, and conduct periodic roadmap reviews, re-prioritizing the roadmap based on evolving opportunities and priorities
• Act as the primary business contact for the development team, partner with the SDMs for timely delivery of features
• Act as the SME for the team on key areas on technology, regulations and customer insights, for the digital content and payments domains
• Independently author and deliver written materials (Working backwards documents, narratives, BRDs, program updates), informing and influencing decisions with senior stakeholders / leaders
• Build strong working relationships with partner teams (Amazon India, WW Books, Accounting, Tax, Legal) to gather timely inputs across initiatives, and influence interdependent roadmaps
This role can be based in Bangalore or Chennai.
• 6+ years of professional experience, with at least 3 years in a product management role in a consumer business
• Experience launching and scaling new features, in a large corporate or an entrepreneurial environment
• Experience in product, program, and/or project management in leading cross-functional teams in delivery of major new products or services and their GTM strategy
• Strong data analysis skills; the ability to run and synthesize data in order to make on-point business decisions
• Excellent written communication skills in English, ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively to different audiences across various levels in the organization
• MBA or Master's degree in Management, Engineering or related field
• Experience in communicating with senior management and influencing decision making
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams with influence rather than authority
• Demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems.