|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Employer: Amazon.com Services LLC
Position: Senior Product Manager - Technical
Location: San Francisco, CA
Multiple Positions Available:
1. Responsible for sophisticated quantitative, qualitative, business/operational and strategic analyses to support company operations, product development and/or fulfillment processes.
2. Work cross-functionally to define, market, coordinate, develop, execute and/or enhance various sets of new and existing products, processes, segments and/or sub-categories throughout the lifecycle process for advertising, retail, in-stock third-party merchants, supply chain and/or related business units/product categories by performing one or more of the following duties: identify new brand and product business opportunities, own strategic relationships with key vendors, negotiate competitive business terms, define and secure participation in promotions and marketing programs; determine optimal resource allocation for variable cost reduction and profit margin improvements to drive overall profitability for the business unit, while enhancing the customer experience; develop & execute strategies for growing the size and lifetime value of the business unit's customer base by crafting acquisition and Customer Relationship Management strategies to target and communicate with customers; manage and expand portfolio(s) of accounts, drive revenue growth and traffic, define long term category strategy, conduct regular intensive business analysis and reporting, aggressively recruit for the program, and manage projects working with internal technology teams to build a world class customer experience; interact with international Amazon entities to ensure implementation of appropriate strategies to drive the business forward in each country and identify ways to better localize to the specific seller needs in those countries; or define and launch new products, services, user experience or features in partnership with technical teams.
3. Manage strategic projects, and use data mining techniques and applied business concepts to develop sophisticated business intelligence models and effective metrics to: identify and implement optimal solutions that improve the company's long-term profitability; and develop and interpret information that assists management with decision-making, policy formulation, and related managerial functions.
4. Develop and support cross-functional relationships to define, implement and drive long term business solutions, policies, processes, enhancements and roadmaps; and gather and analyze business/customer requirements, technical inputs and market data in order to extrapolate important results and use this data to improve functional specifications for rollout of new products and development of enhanced features and capabilities.
5. Domestic travel required up to 15% of the time.
6. Telecommuting benefits available.
Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline, and 2 years of experience in product management, business analysis, or technical project/product management. In the alternative, employer will accept a Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Business Administration/Management, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related discipline, and 5 years of progressively responsible post-baccalaureate experience in product management, business analysis, or technical project/product management.
Experience must include:
1. 2 years of project management experience conducting strategic quantitative & qualitative analysis in a cross-functional/org enterprise environment in retail, ecommerce, consulting, finance, operations or tech industry to support and improve business operations involving program, process or product management.
2. 2 years of experience performing data mining, statistical analysis and advanced financial/business modeling for the purposes of product development or marketing utilizing excel or related business intelligence tools.
3. 1 year of experience managing day-to-day project communications and contributing to sr. executive management reports and business presentations.
4. 1 year of experience in at least 2 of the following areas: product management, strategic management consulting, financial analysis, sales/business development, technology, and P&L management.
5. 1 year of experience writing both long & short term product planning reports, including strategic marketing analysis, product placement, or financial/business reporting.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
All applicants must meet all the above listed requirements.