|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
If you are someone who is highly self-motivated, has strong program management skills combined with a sound technical background and a bent for solving complex problems and delivering high quality technical solutions, this role is for YOU!
Amazon Tax Technology team is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to work with the Brazil and other international tax compliance teams to design, execute and deliver solutions that leverage a portfolio of Amazon Tax and Finance technology products and services, and developing new capabilities to meet growing demands. This TPM will partner with multiple Amazon Tax technology and business teams to deliver innovative solutions.
• Decompose large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then drive the delivery in a successful and timely manner
• Define and document the conceptional solution then participate in the architecture design review and sign-off with technical stakeholder teams
• Drive program schedules from design to launch, communicate to stakeholders and senior leaders
• Gain a deep technical understanding of our products and drive the technical direction of the team, working with front and back end technologies
• Partner with business and technical delivery teams to develop, maintain, and execute against a capabilities roadmap across customer teams
• Thrive and succeed in an innovative environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or conflicting priorities
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
• Lead interactions with cross functional teams consisting of UX designers, Engineers, Product Managers and executive leadership
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field
• Experience with contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions related to suite of products/programs
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Experience with database, data structures, and extract/transform/load (ETL) data practices
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MBA, or related field.
• Demonstrated solid judgment and effective communication skills
• Experience in finance, tax, and compliance systems and practices
• Experience in AWS and/or cloud computing.
• Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish
• Experience with service architecture applications
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.