|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Fire TV is growing around the world - and we are looking for Senior Manager - Technical Program Manager in Sunnyvale CA to manage the group of TPMs that are dedicated to launching and improving the next generation experiences and services for Fire TV.
In this role, you will lead a team of TPMs and become an owner of every software launch with the mindset to think around corners to launch TV experiences that delight customers. You will make high judgment decisions, present persuasive cases to executive leadership and have enduring impact on the future of Fire TV. Your team will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of product leaders, UI designers, OS and software engineering, user experience, customer service, and Amazon leadership.
A day in the life
You will hire, structure and inspire a high performing global team and enable a future generation of program and technical leaders. Your team will solve high ambiguity problems, manage cross-org technical dependencies, and create efficient mechanisms with sound technical foundations. You will bring best practices to the team, and mentor and develop others to deliver at their best. You will have visibility at the highest levels of Amazon's leadership team, and work on our most strategic future initiatives. Finally your team will ship - to millions of users at a scale that only Fire TV can enable.
About the hiring group
This role is a good fit for someone who hold a high technical bar and will hold engineering partners accountable, has strong customer focus and 'program sense', combined with an established track record in consumer technology products, connected devices, and a real passion for TV and mobile video entertainment.
• Program management of large scale complex initiatives through the entire development life cycle; planning, execution, status reporting and coordination against project plans and delivery commitments
• Provide leadership and support for multiple engineering teams. Engage the engineering teams and TPMs of various organizations to ensure that their iterations on design and development enable delivery by needed deadlines.
• Work closely with product teams to ensure business needs are met without compromising long term goals or limiting innovation.
• Facilitate roadmap development across the multiple engineering teams and help shape the overall vision to build highly dependable software solutions that are suitable for Amazon scale.
• Facilitate launch planning across multiple teams to bring the project end points along multiple work streams into a single timeline to meet compliance readiness dates
• Coordinate with TPMs/PMs from tech work streams to ensure that technical and non-technical plans and initiatives are coordinated and achieve the goals of business needs without impacting the performance of the business teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 10+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• 7+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience leading software development projects with aggressive schedules.
• Expert at designing highly available and scalable distributed systems.
• A strong track record of on-time project delivery for large, cross-functional projects, hardware budgeting, preferably in the eCommerce and compliance or regulatory space
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders
• Proven record hiring and managing a team of technical program leaders
• Master's degree or advanced technical degree
• Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
• Product development (including C++, Java, messaging protocols, and Web Services), and service-oriented architecture experience
• Knowledge of hardware development process and lifecycle
• Proven experience developing and launching connected TV products
mazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.