|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions - including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads - leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
Amazon Advertising is seeking a Enterprise Support Manager based in Chicago, Los Angeles, or New York for our Advertising Demand Side Platform (ADSP).
In this role, you will independently resolve the customer campaign execution issues and blockers by providing knowledgeable and responsive technical support to our enterprise customers. Our customers are large enterprises, direct and agencies. You will have ownership for issue investigation, identifying campaign configuration and software defects, in-depth and complex repro cases across our entire DSP portfolio, services and processes, workarounds, and researching solutions to unblock customers. This is a complex, and fast-paced environment as you will own the most critical part of the customer experience and delivering on our customers' most basic need. While we obsess over incident response, in this role you will also develop tools to scale our service quality, and provide critical input for product prioritization to address root causes of why the customer experienced an incident in the first place. Our advertising customers are likely Amazon customers, and we take seriously maintaining the high customer service bar set by Amazon to be the level at which we need to operate.
In this role, you will:
• Track, investigate, and resolve customer questions and issues by phone, email, and in person at various levels of complexity and customer impact.
• Act as an escalation point for the most complex and in-depth issues that potentially span multiple external and internal organizations.
• Communicate directly with internal organizations to complete root cause analyses, issue investigation, workarounds and defect resolution.
• Develop and implement complex repro cases to identify potential software defects, mis-configurations, or issues in customer environments.
• Use case management tools to manage and prioritize issues based on multiple factors including customer impact.
• Contribute to training material and documentation for both internal and customer-facing users.
• Perform data analysis via queries. Utilize multiple BI Tools within the data platform to produce reports and self-service any other data needs. Detect and resolve issues through the configuration and managing of monitoring systems and alerts.
• Automate standard SOP's via scripting and call Data APIs to explore log level high volume transaction data.
• Understand Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) of software applications powering the business services to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME), pertaining to troubleshooting activities. Conduct training sessions to propagate this knowledge across the team.
• Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to establish credibility with technical and non-technical business owners.
• Can distill customer technical needs into clear, concise written documentation and present these findings to an internal product and engineering team. A drive to dig deeply into technical details, (e.g. key dependencies) with customers and internal technical stakeholders to solve a technical problem. Can understand why a technical decision was made and drive a constructive discussion.
• Writing queries across data sources for deep dive and troubleshooting purpose. Hands-on scripting knowledge (preferably ) in order to automate manual troubleshooting steps and also invoke Data APIs to analyze log level transaction systems from unstructured data lakes.
• Implementation knowledge of software applications utilizing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) to troubleshoot complex issues.
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrable technical and operational experience with multiple domain area of advertising technologies (DSP, RTB, BS, MLO, Ad verification, ad tracking, ad attribution, etc.).
• Technical curiosity and excitement to learn new technologies. Understands a broad range of operational troubleshooting techniques and knows how to use them to solve technical problems.
• Analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results.
• Intermediate knowledge using BI Tools (e.g. QuickSight, Tableau)
• Advanced knowledge of Ad Platform architecture (bidding engines, second-price vs first-price auctions, pixeling and tag managers, cookies and IDFA, viewability, etc).
• 3+ years in programmatic advertising
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record.