|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a world class partner and sales leader to manage the Global Financial Service and Insurance industry (FSI) vertical relationship with a global strategic AWS consulting partner. As a Partner Development Manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to accelerate adoption of AWS cloud computing services through this Global System Integrator (GSI) and their customers in FSI.
AWS partners develop and deploy solutions for customers in the FSI industry vertical (Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Wealth Management, and Payments) to support them on their digital transformation journey. They help banks and capital market firms address key industry drivers such as custom experience, efficiency, payments disruption, and governance, risk and compliance while helping Insurance companies to build a digital future, transform legacy and rapidly create innovative products, manage risk more effectively and deliver the level of service today's sophisticated buyer expects. AWS customers are developing some of the most exciting and innovative new businesses, and partners are using cloud technologies from AWS such as AI and Machine Learning, IoT, compute and storage to dramatically accelerate innovation.
You will have both a business background that enables you to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables you to manage joint GTM efforts and to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales executives. You should have the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, as well as build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires technical acumen and familiarity with cloud services.
• Driving C-level and field relationships with your partner and with the AWS sales field, and executing joint GTM plans globally
• Working with cross functional teams to create and execute a strategic business plan, inclusive of enablement, practice development, and marketing and sales initiatives on solutions that meet FSI customer needs with measureable ROI
• Driving partner sales revenue through regular pipeline, opportunity registration and business reviews with partners to manage progress against the strategic business plan
• Engage each partner's field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS
• Evangelizing a partner's value proposition internally throughout AWS and externally with customers
• Driving partner solutions, APN Program attainment, continuous enablement through training and certifications and go-to-market strategies for differentiation and expansion of their footprint
• Establishing AWS as the partner's preferred cloud computing platform for FSI
• Responsible for enabling a global FSI partner practice on AWS
• Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings
• Prepare and give business reviews to AWS and partner senior leaders
• Manage complex contract negotiations involving legal, marketing and business terms
• Serve as a key member of the AWS partner GSI team helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy for the segment
Preference for this position to be in New York City, NY or Chicago, IL, but open to additional AWS regional offices located in the U.S. Northeast. Relocation offered from within the US to any of these locations. Up to 50% global travel required.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 12+ years of experience in the Financial Services Banking & Capital Markets and Insurance industries
• 12+ years of business development, partner development, or alliances management experience
• Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements that apply to cloud-based technologies
• Published or presented thought leadership on topics relevant to partners and executive decision makers on use of technology in FSI industries
• Experience building a technology partner ecosystem with solutions or innovation programs
• Experience working with/for Financial Services key international organizations
• Experience working with/for Global Systems Integrators and knowing the Financial Services market landscape
• Familiarity with Software as a Service or other cloud-based technologies
• Experience presenting and articulating complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
• Knowledge of AWS services and technologies
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .