|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Spotify, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung.
AWS is seeking a Partner Development Specialist for the Brazil market to help drive our leadership position as the preferred cloud for VMware workloads. You will be focused on accelerating adoption of VMware Cloud on AWS and leading the sales motion for enterprise scale data center migration and transformation. Resulting in VMware workloads running on Amazon Web Services secure, global infrastructure. This will include data center expansion, workload burst and disaster recovery projects.
As part of the Partner Development team focusing on VMware Cloud on AWS operating in Brazil driving AWS Resell with partners. You will be responsible for working with a defined list of key SI & consulting partners, their AWS account teams, VMware account teams, to qualify, scope and develop those partners to be able to deliver VMware cloud projects from inception to deployment. A key focus of this engagement will be to engage with our segment and partner teams, solutions architects, marketing, and professional services organizations to help drive large and highly complex opportunities to closure. You will drive deeper engagement with Partner Sales teams to increase partner capabilities for VMware on AWS projects.
The ideal candidate will have experience with cloud-related sales activities such as data center migrations and infrastructure optimization/modernization and understanding the economic drivers behind large change projects. They will be a self-starter with a strategic focus. Possess a sales background, both direct and through partners, with a strong track record of performance and customer obsession, managing sales pipeline, and sales cycles. They will demonstrate an ability to think strategically and analytically about business and technical challenges with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. There will be engagement with sales teams, technical teams, partners and business executives to drive new business and grow existing customers AWS engagement.
This role should expect a high degree of interaction with the Brazil team. Travel as required to support partner development, although fully remote working at the current time.
• 7+ years of Partner Account Management experience with quota accountability
• Experience in working directly with VMware partners
• Proven ability to sell complex datacenter transformation based on VMware technologies and projects
• Experience in working with VMware resellers, consulting partners and systems integrators
• Fluent in English with excellent written communications skills to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• Understanding of VMware's business and technical offering surround VMware Cloud Platforms
• Experience selling cloud solutions and VMware infrastructure technologies including VMware Cloud Foundation, VSAN, NSX and vRealize Operations
• Previous experience of working for VMware or a VMware partner
• Experience working at large global technology companies or a systems integrator partner
• Technical background in computer science or further education business qualifications a plus
• Technical Degree, or equivalent experience