|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you like Amazon Alexa and have a passion for cars? Interested in Amazon Alexa Automotive? You can be part of the team that makes Alexa Automotive available across the globe. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge Alexa Automotive solutions that will be used every day by people you know. No matter what the role, we're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. You must possess a unique combination of deep technical skills and business acumen as well as a do-what-it-takes attitude to ensure our partners are able to take full advantage of Alexa's skills and are delivering a delightful end user experience.
A day in the life
In this role, you will work closely with leadership, product development, solution architects to shape product and GTM strategy and then work with our field teams to identify, develop, negotiate, and execute on partnerships that deliver great experiences to customers.
About the hiring group
Alexa Automotive's mission is to deliver cutting edge voice-forward experiences to customers in the automotive domain.
The Alexa Automotive team is seeking a high-performing, innovative, results-oriented and customer-obsessed, Senior Business Development Manager to bring new products into the market. Our growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new products, unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems. The ideal candidate will have experience in market development of automotive products, and is a self-starter willing to operate in a multifaceted way.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent military or professional experience
• 7+ years of business development/sales experience closing strategic and complex deals in the automotive and/or high-tech industry
• 10+ years of experience in a business role: business development, strategic partnership, product management, product marketing, partner management
• Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and opportunistically explore new ideas with technical employees
• Experience working with new product development and product marketing teams to launch products and build marketing campaigns
• Experience working with senior stakeholders and executive teams
• Experience with business models and data analysis
• Experience managing RFP responses, negotiating, and closing complex agreements
• Extraordinary business writing and communication skills
• A prior writing sample is required as part of the application process
• MBA / Technical Master's Degree
• Experience executing deals with in the automotive industry
• Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing successful large-scale and complex partnerships
• Experience with consumer electronics, automotive, Smart Home, and/or IoT and other connected devices.
• Champion and drive cross-functional initiatives
• Strong analytical orientation; comfortable using data to make decisions
• Exceptional ability to communicate with and influence executives and both technical and non-technical audiences written, presentation and verbal communications
• Strong sense of ownership and bias for action
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without sacrificing quality
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Language skills are a plus