|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Our ambition is to be Earth's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online at the lowest possible prices. How do we get there? What does it take to solve our customers' everyday online shopping problems? Do our customers find what they are looking for? If they find what they are looking for, is it competitively priced? If you thrive in a challenging and fast paced environment, this is the place for you.
We are looking for a support engineer who has strong understanding on support processes, e.g.
1) The candidate will work with internal technical and business stakeholders.
2)Should be able to demonstrate excellent business acumen and expertise on the system design and is able to configure the systems to new, changing and growing business requirements
3)Should be able to get involved in technical decisions within the organization, and work with cross functional teams to help increase service support-ability, scalability, and performance.
4) Should be able to generate, analyze, interpret business and system relevant metrics that drive our business, provide second level ticket handling and should be able to perform a number of other tasks that are critical to support the business.
5) Develop tools needed for business owners of workflows and owners of APIs.
6)Determine best practices for code management, support, code builds, and code deployments.
7)Participate and drive operational excellence across team.
• 2+ years of development or technical support experience
• Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
• Experience in Unix
• Experience scripting in modern program languages
* B.E. in Computer Science or a related technical field
* 3+ years of development/testing/technical support experience
* Knowledge of the UNIX/Linux operating system
* Knowledge of basic internet technologies such as XML, JS, CSS, HTML etc.
* Knowledge of Java
* Strong debugging/troubleshooting skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Hands-on technical expertise
- Strong metrics and operational excellence focus
- Proven ability to deep dive on issues
- Technical aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and communicate directly with technical teams
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
- Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
- Strong results orientation
- Ability to retain composure under stressful conditions, communicate effectively with a wide array of individuals at Amazon, and get the right things done