|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a key role in managing the customer experience elements as well as the complex systems behind them. You will have the opportunity to support one of the most critical technical stacks in Amazon and work on tasks that helps to improve tech productivity and efficiency of the org.
• Experience designing and deploying application monitors and alarms and maximizing application uptime
• Demonstrated experience in shell scripts or Perl/Python
• Proven ability to break down, analyze, troubleshoot, and identify the root cause of issues.
• Basic understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
• Fluency in Linux basic shell commands
• Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Java.
• Software deployment support in staging and production environments
• Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance and drive OE best practices
• System and Support status reporting to stakeholders and maintaining smooth communication with the stakeholders.
• Ownership of one or more Digital products or components
• Experience scripting in modern program languages
• 4+ years of development or technical support experience
• Experience in Unix
• Experience troubleshooting and debugging technical systems
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
• Hands on experience in Java/Perl/Python/Shell scripts
• Knowledge of Java based distributed systems
• Ability to write intermediate level database queries. SQL skills.
• Understanding of XML/SOAP, web services, workflow modeling, web application development, and industry-standard commerce systems
• Ability to measure system and hardware performance and recommend modifications as necessary
• Experience with automating software builds or tests or support processes
• Experience with releasing and supporting distributed systems
• Experience with cloud computing and automation using Amazon Web Services (AWS)