|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Ads is Hiring! Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Amazon Advertising seeks the world's brightest and best Sr. Product Managers to lead next-generation solutions that enable advertisers to reach customers across our owned and operated sites, on other high-quality publisher sites across the web, and on millions of desktops, mobile, and connected TV devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including Advertising. We seek candidates who want to join a team focused on building large-scale systems that integrate across multiple sources to provide unique advertising products. These products will provide sales enablement to the sales team to drive advertisement business's growth.
We are seeking a Technical Sr. Product Manager to lead our efforts to bring reach, scale, and performance to our advertiser customers by connecting advertisers to supply sources that will drive optimal performance for their campaigns. In this role, you will drive the technical design and roadmap for a well-recognized and significant portion of our advertising business. You will coordinate complex product initiatives across internal teams and stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through product and business requirements documents. You will have a high level of comfort with ambiguity, a deeply analytical mindset with the ability to investigate complex challenges, and can effectively influence across organizations. You work backwards from the customer needs, dives deep into data to understand the issues, and drives product development to deliver those needs by working with cross-functional teams.
The candidate must possess the ability to understand business requirements and processes. Ingenuity and the ability to think outside the box will be a must in this highly ambiguous environment. They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have superb communication skills, and will be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy to understand manner.
What does it take to succeed in this role? Excited by the scale at which we work. A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude. Able to think about business opportunities, operations, and architectural diagrams during stakeholder discussions. Excited to learn from others while bringing your own capabilities and perspectives.
• Author documents relating to product life cycle including product vision, roadmap, business requirements and functional specifications.
• Translate complex business requirements into functional designs or specification
• Drive product development across teams (primarily Engineering, Sales Operations, Product Management, Sales and Marketing) through business requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
• Coordinate and manage comprehensive user acceptance testing including creation of test cases
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate risks at multiple levels
• Identify and communicate risks to stakeholder including defining risk mitigation strategies
• Work collaboratively with Engineering as an advocate for the needs of our customers.
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• 3+ years of demonstrated technical management, including defining and documenting functional specifications, system integration's, and control and data flows.
• Experience in leading development start to finish
• Extensive hands-on experience working across multiple disciplines, presenting findings to an executive audience and publishing findings in written format
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Experience as owner with the ability to drive prioritization consensus across business units and serve as an effective liaison between customers and engineering.
• Experience with Sales Enablement Function.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
• Advanced written communication skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
• Internal and external customer focus and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves and execute to get the job done
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.