|Category||Customer Service||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
Safety Operations is at the core of our efforts to keep Twitch a welcoming and safe place for people to build communities. As a Safety Operations Specialist, you will be an essential element of Twitch's Trust & Safety efforts reporting to a Safety Operations Lead, and will provide scaled resolutions to the Safety Operations Team's more complex cases. We are looking for someone who can consistently apply our guidelines with reference to nuanced and context-dependent policies in an evolving environment. You will make autonomous decisions against challenging issues of a potentially sensitive or business-critical nature
• Evaluation of content escalated from Tier 1 and 2 Safety Operations Teams because of high levels of complexity, context or investigative requirements.
• Analyze and independently render decisions against high volumes of live and active issues regarding Twitch user behavior
• Address sensitive content which may be graphic, violent or hateful, include offensive or derogatory language or other potentially distressing material
• Detailed and encyclopedic knowledge of Twitch's enforcement policies.
• Make recommendations on business-critical cases where further escalation or detailed investigation is required
• Create relevant documents and procedures to help identify risk within the Safety Operations team. Make recommendations for process improvement.
• Cross-training across other Safety Operations work such as: suspension appeals; content review; event moderation; deep-dive investigations and quality assurance work
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish
• Relevant professional experience, preferably as a moderator or content reviewer in online communities or social media
• Clear awareness of potential biases or conflicts of interest and ensure these do not affect professional application of responsibilities
• Deep familiarity with Twitch, streaming, internet slang/colloquialisms and internet culture
• Evaluate information and quickly/independently develop a sound conclusion based on an existing framework
• Mentally and emotionally able to handle sensitive or disturbing behavior, language, and content
• Comfortable working remotely and independently as part of a larger team
• Ability to monitor several information flows simultaneously
• Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
• Maternity & Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Commuter Benefits
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
• Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.