|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technology? Our emerging technologies team, within Amazon's Device organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning.
We're looking for the following attributes in a candidate:
• You are a sharp, experienced quality assurance engineer with strong problem-solving skills, solid software testing foundation.
• You are an individual with strong drive for results, good interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• You should be capable of understanding complex systems and developing the tools to test the same.
• You should be able to continuously raise the bar for QAE practices by establishing and documenting procedures which are applicable company-wide.
• You need to be abreast of the latest technologies both in the company and industry and be able to utilize them to good effect.
• You influence other team members to embrace best practices.
• Work with Product & Development teams to design and implement Test Strategy to deliver quality consumer software product.
• Implement Test Automation leveraging test automation frameworks while driving processes to reduce manual test coverage.
• Define Quality Metrics and implement measurements to determine test effectiveness, testing efficiency, and measure the overall quality of the software.
• Ensure our products meet high standards of quality, performance, Security, and reliability.
• Help tackle cross-platform engineering challenges and contribute creative ideas to the engineering teams.
• Help writing test plans, test cases, and provide suggestion in improving the QA processes.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
• 5+ years of professional quality assurance and testing experience.
• Experience applying SQA methodology and tools.
• Hands-on experience with test planning, test designing and execution, performance and stress testing, implementing and maintaining high quality test automation of both client and server systems.
• Experience building and designing test cases including knowledge of test methodologies.
• Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks.
• Strong leadership, communication, and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses.
• Experience with open source tools and resources.
• Master's degree.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//