|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo.
Some of the responsibilities include:
As a Software Development Engineer in Test in the team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
• Lead the design of new features and initiatives across the organization
• Investigate, prototype, and deliver new and innovative software applications
• Deliver high quality software through working in a dynamic, team-focused Agile/Scrum environment
• Champion best practices for software automation and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver exceptional-quality work on tight schedules.
• Be a champion for the user: Insist on the highest standards and help create functional and engaging features that delight customers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
• Extensive professional hands-on experience as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
• Great Computer Science fundamentals knowledge and experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving and complexity analysis
• Proficient in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Python
• Experience writing test plans, test automation and test cases
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design of new and existing systems
• Master's degree or advanced technical degree
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
• Experience interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives, and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Experience with Android app development, Android Frameworks or AOSP