|Category||Machine Learning Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
The Amazon Shopper Panel team improves advertising performance through actionable measurement solutions and media recommendations that help advertisers understand how media drives customer action. Our solutions span media channels, across the entire consumer journey (awareness to advocacy) and all conversions. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place!
As a Data Scientist, you will solve real-world problems by analyzing large amounts of business data, diving deep to identify business insights and opportunities, designing simulations and experiments, developing statistical and ML models by tailoring to business needs, and collaborating with scientists, engineers, BIE's, product managers. The successful candidate should have a strong quantitative background and excellent data analytics / math skills.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
• Ph.D. or M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics or a related quantitative field.
• Master's or PhD in Statistics, Applied Math, Operations Research, Economics, or a related quantitative field
• 2+ years of experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively advocate technical solutions to scientists, engineering teams and business audiences.
• Ability to distill informal customer requirements into problem definitions, quantify improvement in customer experience or value for the business resulting from research outcomes, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives.
• Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, ability to self-motivate, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us