|Category||Finance & Accounting||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Advertising seeks a Finance Manager to develop models and drive programs that measure productivity initiatives across the Insights Performance and Training (IPT) organization. We are looking for a motivated candidate who has operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment and has the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of analyses. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with business teams to help develop, execute, and measure our productivity strategy.
A day in the life
The successful candidate will be an experienced finance professional equally comfortable in thinking big and driving business direction while excelling at analyzing business inputs and making decisions in ambiguous situations. This person will be able to communicate effectively with executive leadership on a daily basis, tackle multiple concurrent projects, and efficiently complete deliverables. They will have a track record of understanding the inputs for successful investments, high standards, and the ability to work across multiple stakeholders. Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as an ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and prioritize.
About the hiring group
The Amazon Advertising team seeks a Finance Manager to join its finance department to develop a productivity program across the IPT organization. The IPT business team's mission is to inform, educate, and support marketers regarding Amazon's advertising offering. We do this through scaled communications and marketing 1:1 account interactions, and supporting research, insights, and tools. Our measures of success are active advertisers, advertiser engagement/retention, and advertising spend.
Advertising Finance is seeking a Finance Manager to develop, execute, and measure productivity of our rapidly growing business. This role will lead productivity planning and reporting processes across a business organization, run metrics reviews with senior leaders, and drive reporting innovation and automation to improve the speed of decision making. This role requires strong analytical acumen, a passion for process improvement, a keen attention to detail, and an excellent track record of influencing business and finance partners. This role will be a trusted finance advisor working closely with senior level leaders and therefore requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Develop models and a program that measure productivity initiatives across the IPT organization.
• Partner with Finance and Business teams to drive productivity gains
• Lead monthly productivity reviews with senior leaders
• Be a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable systems to support business growth
• Influence others, insist on the highest standards, and challenge the status quo
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
8+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
• Ability to think strategically and execute tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results.
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions.
• Ability to meet and prioritize deadlines in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
• Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate efforts across many different teams.
• Experience with advanced proficiency in Excel (pivots, lookups, etc.).
• Proficiency in data visualization (ideally using Power BI or Tableau).
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or other related field.