|Category||Business Intelligence||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Advertising seeks the world's brightest and best leaders to drive next-generation solutions that enable advertisers to reach customers across our owned and operated sites, on other high-quality publisher sites across the web, and on millions of desktops, mobile, and connected TV devices. Our mission is to offer the world's most customer-centric advertising. Amazon DSP (ADSP) is our programmatic advertising product for campaigns spanning Display, Video, and Audio across Amazon properties (e.g., Amazon.com, IMDb TV, Twitch, Fire TV, and Amazon Music) and tens of thousands of third-party (3P) websites and apps. We seek candidates who want to join a team focused on building large-scale systems that integrate across multiple sources to provide unique advertising products. These products give advertisers the controls and data necessary to improve the relevancy and performance of their ads.
We are hiring a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to help us accelerate our efforts in delighting our Advertising customers. We consider our BIE's owners of the data to which they can propose, own, and then deliver on new product ideas. We expect this person to build new business intelligence solutions as an owner end-to-end. The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with big data sets and have the expertise to utilize these datasets to answer business questions and drive growth.
To be successful in this role, you should have broad skills in database design, be comfortable dealing with large and complex data sets, have experience building self-service dashboards and using visualization tools, always applying analytical rigor to solve business problems. The role requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities, deep knowledge of business intelligence solutions, and the ability to work with product development and data engineer teams. Must be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
The primary responsibilities of this role include:
• Write SQL to retrieve and analyze data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, DBs), across a broad range of data resources.
• Interface with business owners to gather requirements and deliver reports or analysis to solve business problems.
• Analyze business information, and uncover trends and correlations to develop insights that materially improve our product and strategy decisions.
• Make large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable and usable by implementing advanced BI dashboards and applications.
• Own the design, development, and maintenance of metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for tracking and reporting on progress of initiatives.
• Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets.
• A Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related field and 3 years of experience in data engineering or business intelligence/analysis. In the alternative, a Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline followed by 5 progressively responsible years of experience in data engineering or business intelligence/analysis.
• Experience with business intelligence analytics, reporting, visualization tools, and methods (e.g. Tableau).
• Experience designing and implementing scalable ETL design and mappings, database query construction and data warehousing skills.
• Excellent working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining using complex SQL.
• Strong verbal/written communication & data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively develop and communicate clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses.
• Ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or unstructured data.
• Experience working in very large data warehouse environments.
• Experience conducting large scale data analysis to support business decision making.
• Familiarity with AWS solutions such as EC2, DynamoDB, S3, and Redshift.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.