|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT and Telecom industries? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for candidates to help manage its partnerships with key strategic BSS partners.
As a Segment Manager for BSS, you will contribute to and communicate strategy and execution to help win the hearts and minds of AWS's key customers.
Your primary objective is to help drive exponential growth and develop partner joint go-to-market with AWS. By helping establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day interactions, you will be responsible for support in driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess a business background that enables them to liaise at the CXO level and a sales background that enables them to easily interact with Enterprise customers and field reps. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, and to help build and convey compelling partner value propositions. Experience working within the enterprise software development industry as well as communication services providers is highly desired.
The position requires a strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with (1) telecom service provider environment, (2) cloud and datacenter/hosting infrastructure business in a major global communication service provider (CSP). Additionally, the position will require strong commercial understanding of the business models of CSPs such as Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work with our BSS partners to help define and execute high impact, joint business development and go-to-market programs.
• Manage and work closely with Partner Success Managers to help drive engagements between the partner and AWS business development teams.
• Serve as a key member of the Telco Portfolio and Partner Core team in helping to define and deliver the joint solutions and supporting collateral.
• Liaise with the Partners' field sales organization, channels and end customers to help create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
• Help create and execute a key business development plan for target markets and ensure alignment with the AWS strategic direction and working with key internal stakeholders.
• Ensure the Partner is successful using AWS services and have the technical resources required to deliver against customer needs.
• Provide Partner feedback to internal product development teams to help guide the direction of product offerings.
• Communicate to AWS Partner teams, solutions architects, business development and other interested in parties in partner's capabilities and successes.
• Prepare and give periodic business reviews to the AWS senior management team.
• Support complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
• Work with AWS partner solution architects to help assigned partners to define go to market solution offerings utilizing the AWS service portfolio.
Candidate should be open to travel up to 50%. This position can be located in other locations -- Arlington, DC, NY, Boston, Atlanta, NJ are all acceptable. Would consider most major US cities if near an airport.
• The candidate should possess extensive experience in sales, business or partner development with a strong emphasis in telecom.
• Experience engaging, influencing, and presenting to C-level executives.
• Experience presenting and articulating complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
• Experience aligning an extended sales teams.
• Experience working within and aligning virtual teams.
• Experience working within or consulting to BSS independent software vendors is highly desired, together with experience of large scale BSS transformations.
• MBA or an equivalent Full Time Masters Program.
• Global alliances and/or Product Management P&L experience.
• Knowledge of AWS services and Program Management skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.