|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
Would you like to empower Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and SaaS providers to grow their businesses by building the next generation of cloud software on AWS? Are you passionate about helping customers free themselves from the high costs and restrictions of commercial database licenses? Would you like to take the next step in your career growth, supporting a global community of partners and customers?
This role is responsible for helping ISVs grow their business on AWS with AWS's fully-managed database offerings including RDS, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, and Amazon Aurora, the fastest-growing service in AWS history. By supporting AWS managed database services, ISVs can help customers save hundreds of thousands of dollars in licensing fees, while focusing on driving their business instead of managing databases.
In this role, you will reach out to and build strategic relationships with a diverse portfolio of strategic ISVs; you will ask questions and learn about their customers, business models, and cloud migration journey to help them access our team's broad array of business and technical enablement resources to accelerate their business on AWS and AWS managed database services; your collaborative skills and EQ will be critical in helping us shape our program, offerings, and products to meet their needs and the needs of our customers. We have dedicated technical and marketing resources attached to our team, so you will be well-supported from every critical aspect.
This role is a unique opportunity grow your career with AWS, the undisputed leader in cloud computing. You will collaborate across the organization, learning from and influencing marketing, business development, partner, and product teams. You will have the opportunity to shape the strategy of AWS managed database services, by bringing your sharp business acumen, energy, experience, and innovation to the table. Most of all, you will have the opportunity to nurture and grow key, strategic relationships with our ISV partner community as they build new and exciting products for AWS's millions of global customers.
This role supports Japan and may require travel. Committed to a healthy work/life balance, most travel dates and times are negotiable and flexible. Our team is committed to equal opportunity employment, actively seeking a broad and diverse pool of applicants and team members. We are also committed to the long-term development of our team members, including training opportunities, mentorship, and career growth both within AWS and across Amazon.com in general.
- Develop strategic relationships and collaborate with market-leading ISVs to help them build their business and drive revenue on AWS
- Develop creative financial, technical and go-to-market incentive plans to accelerate Amazon AWS database services adoption
- Shape and drive scalable program adoption and go-to-market initiatives
- Collaborate with AWS product, business development, and professional services teams
- Report regularly to team and AWS management
• Fluency in Japanese, Strong written and verbal English skills
• 5+ years experience in a technology company, holding a role related to business development, partner development, partner sales, sales or product marketing
• Demonstrated ability to engage and influence product leaders in technology organizations
• Experience developing go-to-market (GTM) strategies and initiatives and driving revenue growth
• Familiarity with data services, including relational databases, analytics, BI, data security, or data management
• Willing to travel up to 15% to support partners and internal teams
• 10+ years experience in a technology-centric company, holding a role related to business development, partner development, partner sales, sales, with deep experience in database services
• MBA or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.