|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our computing services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in manufacturing, energy, automotive, pharmaceuticals, technology, and financial services. AWS customers are now looking to IoT services to digitally transform their businesses, develop new business models, and solve complex business challenges. There are billions of devices in homes, factories, oil wells, hospitals, cars, and thousands of other places. With this proliferation of devices, customers increasingly need end-to-end solutions to connect them, and securely collect, inexpensively store, and effectively analyze device data to generate meaningful insights to transform their businesses.
Our team is looking for a strong business development professional to help drive the go-to-market for AWS Snowball Edge and related use cases (disconnected edge). AWS Snow Family includes a family of secure and rugged devices that customers can use for edge computing and data transfer applications. Customers can use AWS Snowball Edge and AWS Snowcone as an IoT hub to capture and process sensor data, run image processing or video analytics functions, or run ML inferencing applications. If you have the right blend of passion for technology and IoT Edge, enthusiasm to drive digital transformation, aptitude for customer advocacy, keen intellectual curiosity, and a penchant for creative problem solving, you could be a great fit for a role on the AWS WW IoT Specialist team. This is an exciting opportunity to help define and execute the worldwide business development strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a business and strategic background that enables them to deeply understand customer problems and challenges, drive customer engagements from start to finish, and interact at both the executive level and with engineering leaders at our customers. They would also possess sufficient technical background to work with both AWS engineering teams and with customers in building solutions with our services. An understanding of key IoT Edge concepts and technologies, including the hardware and software ecosystem is preferred. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus within AWS and within customer organizations. Good business judgement, and a keen sense of ownership, drive, tenacity, and scrappiness are musts.
As an AWS WW IoT Specialist focused on AWS Snow Edge, your responsibilities will focus on the following key deliverables -
• Develop sales programs and identify new markets and opportunities to drive revenue. You will work directly with customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality
• Map the application of technology to customer business scenarios that help our customers understand how to improve their operational and strategic outcomes through the use of AWS Snow Edge
• Work with AWS Solution Architects to develop and extend reference architectures and sales playbooks focused on how AWS Snow Edge helps solve key business challenges, as part of IoT solutions for a range of industries
• Guide cross functional teams to drive AWS adoption in the key workloads that use the AWS Snow Edge portfolio
• Determine customer segmentation and profiling for AWS Snow Edge solutions for key industries. Develop strategies to engage major customers directly, and through the wider AWS sales teams.
• Work with the AWS Partner team, to build an ecosystem of partners that can deliver IoT/Edge solutions and ensure partner readiness
• Serve as an evangelist for AWS Snow Edge within AWS and externally
• Synthesize data and information gathered from customer and partner engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including to AWS senior management
• 7+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
• 7+ years experience with leading strategic Go-To-Market activities
• 7+ years experience in selling of solutions, outsourced/managed services, or digital transformation services, preferably cloud/edge, or hosted/managed services in the technology industry
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Ability to develop business justifications for cloud technology roadmap adoption including financial modeling
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
• BS/BA plus MBA, or equivalent relevant business experience
• A deep understanding of key IoT/Edge concepts and technologies
• Proven experience with cloud technologies
• Experience building Go-To-Market (GTM) plans that scale across an organization
• Experience with sales enablement activities
• Ability to prepare and give business reviews to the senior management teams at AWS and customers
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Sunnyvale, Santa Monica, Seattle, Tempe)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us