|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate to manage a small elite portfolio of very strategic AWS Consulting Partners. Your job will be to use these strategic partners to help deliver on AWS' strategy to drive enterprise adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform.
Responsibilities will include driving C-level and field relationships with your partners and with the AWS sales field, guiding the development and launch of joint solutions with large global technology companies and executing joint GTM plans globally. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships while managing the day-to-day partner interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
The ideal candidate will have both a business background that enables them to engage at the CXO level, as well as a sales background that enables them to manage joint GTM efforts and to easily interact with enterprise customers. This person should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges within multiple technology segments as well as the capacity to build and convey compelling value propositions. The position also requires a strong technical acumen and deep familiarity with cloud.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Work with multiple sales and technical teams within both AWS and each partner to define and execute joint technology, marketing and sales initiatives.
• Serve as a key member of the AWS alliance team in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy.
• Engage each partner's field sales organizations, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for AWS.
• Ensure that there is a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction. This includes the creation of detailed account plans to track partner progress and achievement to goals.
• Set and manage revenue targets and work with your team, each partner and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
• Create and execute the team's business plan with key internal stakeholders (e.g. service teams, marketing, PR, legal, support, etc.).
• Identify joint customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
• Ensure that AWS sales field and partner business managers work closely with each partner's customer base to maximize success using our web services.
• Ensure that AWS is each partner's preferred public cloud computing platform across all partner product lines.
• Understand the technical requirements of each partner and work closely with the internal AWS development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
• Manage complex negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
• Create and execute operational rigor including territory management, account management, and business reviews (internal/external).
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive and Diverse Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 8+ years of sales management and/or business development experience in the technology/cloud services industry with experience building ecosystem technology partnerships.
• Experience creating joint solution strategies and tactical plans.
• Experience exceeding quota and key performance metrics.
• Experience engaging C-level executives.
• Presentation skills articulating complex concepts to cross functional audiences.
• Technical acumen with experience driving emerging/disruptive security technologies as well as virtualization and Software as a Service delivery models.
• Experience with cloud and enterprise security, networking and data center products, services, market positioning and sales strategies
• Verbal and written communications skills are important to work across internal and external organizations.
• 10+ years of partner management and/or partner sales experience
• Direct experience working with AWS consulting and/or technology partners or you have been an employee at a large AWS partner
• Developed and operated five or more global partner programs
• Advanced understanding of AWS, cloud architecture and infrastructure
• Tenured presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences
• Proven organizational skills and attention-to-detail with the ability to set clear priorities in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
• Inquisitive; will always ask questions to see the "big picture" or get a handle on the detail.
• Entrepreneurial, self-starter
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records