|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
We are looking for developers, hands-on tech leads and application architects who will:
• Work as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams, preferably building software for financial services (Payments, Banking, Risk Management, Trading or Insurance)
• Lead technical and design discussions with IT executives to help enterprises speed their adoption of new technologies and practices
• Architect and building highly scalable, cloud-native applications on the AWS platform using core developer services like API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, DynamoDB, EMR, Aurora, EKS and ECS
• Teach fellow developers how to develop high-quality code, innovate using the latest (cloud) technologies, and development best practices. [signals that you will be part of development]
• Migrate monolithic applications to micro services architectures
• Advise on implementing AWS best practices, review implementations and show case how it could be improved even further when needed [signals that you will deal with code]
• Influence infrastructure architecture by sharing your application development expertise, solve deep technical issues and develop solutions that extend service capabilities to meet customer needs [signals the requirement to do technical deep dives, not merely consult]
• Represent the voice for developers internally and influence our AWS Professional Services offerings and AWS product strategy for developers by working with AWS platform engineering, Business Development and other cross-functional teams
• Bachelor's degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field.
• 12+ years of professional experience in software development
• Experience developing large-scale applications and recent experience coding in modern programming languages such as Python, C#, Ruby, Go, Rust, Java, Node.js, Swift, Scala, Objective C, C, or C++ (preferably two or more)
• Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases, Analytical warehouse, Big Data Analytics
• Experience with cloud (GCP, Azure, AWS , Oracle Cloud, etc) based development
• Ability to mentor other software developers on latest software development concepts, architectural vision, and software quality
• Experience with software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release and change management)
• Experience with implementing software engineering best practices in teams (code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, release and change management)
• Ability to gather customer requirements and deliver innovative solutions
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), presentation skills, and the ability to work well in a team
• 2+ years of experience as a technical specialist in Customer-facing roles
• Experience with financial services application development including Risk Managent Systems, pricing and Valuation systems, Regulatory reporting, Core Banking,.
• Experience with back-end technologies for web applications/APIs or modern front-end technologies
• Experience designing and implementing applications with strict security requirements
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
• Designing and building application using containers and serverless technologies
• Good exposure to Agile software development and DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Continuous Integration and automated deployment
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments
• Experience acting as a technical advisor to senior management
• Hands on experience leading large-scale global IT transformation projects.
• Experience identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
• Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
• Presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.