|Category||PR||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible (a subsidiary of Amazon) is seeking an exceptionally bright, driven, articulate, well-connected individual for the role of Public Relations Manager. You will report to the Director, Public Relations within the Global Corporate Affairs Team and brings daily interaction with senior executives and the media. This role requires an understanding of the evolving digital media landscape and changing consumer appetites, superior communication and presentation skills (both written and oral), an interest in building an evolving team strategy on a quickly growing original content team, and passion for Audible's disruptive, high-energy technology-driven culture, its innovative audio entertainment, and its commitment to Newark's revitalization.
You are able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround. You have strong connections with members of the press and within the creative community, are able to work successfully in a team environment, and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the organization. You must have the ability to pivot quickly based on business needs without compromising quality of work or speed. As this position is tethered to the office of the CEO, a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information is critical.
As a Public Relations Manager, you will...
• Conceptualize, research, and execute creative PR outreach strategies and campaigns resulting in frequent positive press attention for Audible with an emphasis on our original content releases (which includes audiobooks, podcasts, genre-bending audio entertainment, audio theater, etc.).
• Develop and maintain high-level relationships with key media in the entertainment, tech, music, theater, publishing, lifestyle and news categories across print, digital and broadcast media.
• Pitch earned media content with a focus on features and proactively manage media relations.
• Promote overall business initiatives and communications goals of Audible.
• Operate as an Audible communications liaison by establishing and maintaining relationships across the company to ensure every PR opportunity is maximized and successes are amplified.
• Conceptualize and develop written materials, including press releases, interview briefing materials, and other supporting documents.
• Work closely with high profile talent and their representation to secure involvement in the promotion of their Audible projects.
• Plan, attend, and execute a select amount of in-person events (when safe, once events return), facilitating press attendance and engagement.
• Guide the development of our daily and weekly press reporting, yearly growth analysis, and overall media monitoring for the department.
• 6+ years of work experience in a PR capacity, with a preference for in-house experience on a press-facing public relations/communications team.
• Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, or other humanities field.
• Extensive public relations, talent relations and events experience.
• Knowledge of the entertainment industry and/or experience therein.
• Pre-existing strong media and entertainment industry relationships.
• Experience promoting some or all of these areas: Publishing, TV/Film, Audio, Tech, Theater, and Music.
• Ability to plan and coordinate PR campaigns from strategic conception to execution.
• Research skills-ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, present evaluations, and summarize key findings precisely and succinctly.
• Thorough understanding of how to effectively promote content and formulate thoughtful communication plans.
• Proven ability to manage confidential information and facilitate the release of embargoed content with media partners.
• Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to think innovatively and creatively, and quickly change course if necessary, to achieve desired results.
• Passion for the public relations field, and for Audible core mission to improve lives through storytelling, the company's commitment to urban revitalization, and its disruptive, technology-driven culture.
• Oral and written communication-exceptional writing skills, varies writing style to meet needs of project; speaks clearly and persuasively; possesses ability to engage others; actively participates in meetings.
• Strategic thinking - the ability to simultaneously focus on holistic thinking and tactical results.
• Ability to balance strategy work while also handling support staff responsibilities.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.