|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Want to transform the way people enjoy video? Come join the team that made Fire TV, Amazon Video, Dish Live TV, Hulu, Showtime and more available to Alexa customers. We're building an exciting service developers can leverage the power of Alexa to ensure customers get to the content they care about, faster.
You'll have an once in a career opportunity to have independent technical ownership of the experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge services that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for someone passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, someone who demonstrates a high degree of product ownership, someone who loves to mentor and wants to have fun while making history. Is that person you? If so, let's chat!
Some facts about the role:
• This is a highly visible role, operating with many technical leaders and product managers across Amazon Alexa - with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, including senior leadership.
• You will design and deliver solutions to highly ambiguous challenges that help shape the future technology around how customers interact with smart devices
• You will recruit, hire, and develop the industry's top engineering talent.
• This is a great position for someone who loves backend development, Amazon Web Services, and Service-Oriented Architecture.
• We're looking for candidates that have acted as a technical leader and built high-performance, scalable and robust systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
• 8+ years experience with leadership among software development teams, with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
• Experience delivering large, cross-functional projects
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Development experience defining, implementing and maintaining web service API's
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Passion to deliver high quality software that delight users
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.