|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Principal Supply Chain Program Manager
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a Principle Supply Chain Program Manager to join the Devices Materials Management (DMM) Team. The ideal candidate will possess strong supply chain knowledge and a proven track record of building quick and scrappy tools to bridge short term gaps while also driving robust process, systems, and tools automation development. This candidate will be willing to roll up their sleeves, dive deep into the current process, work cross functionally with multiple teams at varying levels, as well as working independently to meet objectives. From supporting day to day materials management activities, to developing and managing planning bill of materials (BOM) to be used for long term component forecasting, to driving the long term vision for process and systems development in support of the DMM team. The role requires a deep understanding of MRP and PLM systems with advanced MS excel and Tableau capabilities to perform complex data analytics. Java, Python, Redshift a plus.
• Be very hands-on; work as part of the DMM team on day-to-day activities.
• Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate gaps in plans preventing us from meeting order schedule.
• Manage component forecasting, planning BOMs, and tools that ensure our supply base is receiving the right demand signals.
• Work with tech teams to develop software product features, technical designs, and component forecasting tool strategy.
• Have a long-term vision on building process and tools to support extensive growth in the Devices team.
• Work cross functionally to understand gaps, build short term solutions while maintaining focus on long-term requirements.
• Build strong relationships with tech partners and influence the tech leaders to solve complex business problems by collaborating to build the right tech road map for the DMM team.
• Interact with senior-level audiences (including directors and VPs) from both internal and external teams.
• Work on the Operations Research based planning tools and partner with research scientists to define new tools or improve existing.
• Working with Sr. Leadership (VP level) from various partner teams to drive alignment with business stake-holders.
• Business Intelligence Engineering
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
• 10+ years of experience in business analytics, supply chain planning, materials management, and/ or operations
• 8+ years of experience in program/project management experience
• Advanced MS Excel, Tableau, SQL
• Master's Degree
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Redshift, Java, Python