|Category||PR||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
As a Lead Publicist, this person will work closely with the various Amazon Studios teams and will be responsible for devising and executing publicity campaigns for Amazon Studios series. Additionally, they will support Publicity Principals on both scripted series, unscripted series and special projects and initiatives. This role will also work with our Publicity Principal on corporate communications and working with industry trade media.
Media Relations Execution and Oversight: Work to devise and execute consumer publicity campaigns for assigned series, pre-launch, at launch and beyond. Pitch stories to all external media outlets, including traditional print reporters and critics, electronic media and mainstream online outlets, as well as non-traditional media. Understand media desires and exercise judgment in deciding which opportunities to pursue, ensuring that Studio objectives are met. Serve as key point person for assigned series, representing the shows to external and internal constituencies and serving as publicity brand manager/one-stop resource for all information related to the programs.
Planning and executing talent participation in International Press Junket and global publicity tours, either on location or virtual, as well as liaising with field offices regarding international publicity priorities.
Talent Relationships: Establish close working relationships and positive rapport with talent and personnel associated with all series - including executive producers, key production staff/crew and on-camera performers - in order to achieve domestic and global publicity objectives.
Events: Work closely with publicity team to plan and execute assigned series participation in major promotional and publicity events and special projects, including but not limited to domestic and international press junkets, Comic-Con, SXSW, etc. Work closely with the events team to ensure coordinated and strategic plans for covering special events (premiere parties, stunts, etc.) for assigned series.
Social Media: Follow best practices strategy as a series publicist for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr and other social media and/or location-based outlets. Work closely with social media team to ensure coordinated outreach on these platforms to customers / fans.
Publicity Assets: Demonstrate good judgment in selecting the most compelling video clips, photos and other promotional/publicity materials that fulfill needs of media and best represent the show to viewers and other targeted audiences.
Publicity Trips: Book and manage all aspect of performer and/or producer publicity trips (New York, Los Angeles, special events, tours, etc.).
• Create and implement strategic publicity plans that drive buzz and awareness of Amazon Original Series
• Develop and manage the execution of series publicity campaigns
• Utilize series talent for press opportunities
• Coordinate logistics for talent movement, when applicable
• Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant media
• Liaison with other departments on studio initiatives on important consumer facing events/campaigns
• Manage external public relations agency on strategy and day-to-day matters (if applicable)
• Keep current on trends, issues and news about both the business and consumer worlds of television and entertainment in general
• 8+ years of experience in TV, Streaming or Tech publicity
• Bachelor's degree
• Deep knowledge of the entertainment industry
• Experience in television publicity; specifically at a streaming service, studio, network or agency
• Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail
• Desire to work with the media proactively to generate press coverage
• A passion for pop culture and entertainment
• Willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even when at times it is outside the scope of the job
• Ability to develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.