|Category||Data Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - New Jersey|
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
We are currently looking for Data Scientist Research Interns to help drive innovation for our user interfaces on Audible products. The candidate will be expected to work closely with our team members on the study of user behaviors, gain deeper understanding of our user experience and help make better data-driven recommendations to our product.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Audible Data Scientists are members of a global interdisciplinary research team with an integral role in the design and integration of models to automate decision making throughout the business in every country. We empower the cutting-edge machine learning and deep learning techniques in the many areas of the business, including but not limited to:
• Customer: segmentation, clustering, acquisition, retention, engagement, recommendations.
• Content: (e)valuation, natural language processing, attributes & representations (in text, audio, cover art), recommendations, trends.
• Product: user click steam analysis, search engine optimization, recommendations.
We translate business goals into agile, insightful analytics and seek to create value for both stakeholders and customers and convey findings in a clear, actionable way to managers and senior leaders.
At Audible, you will have an opportunity to make the best of your skillsets to both develop advanced scientific solutions and drive critical customer and business impacts. You will play a key role to drive end-to-end solutions from understanding our business and business requirements, identifying opportunities from a large amount of historical data and engaging in cutting-edge research to solve the business problems. You will be at the heart of an agile and growing area at Audible.
• Currently pursuing a MS/PhD in computer science, statistics, mathematics, operations research, data science or another discipline involving experimental design and quantitative analysis of experimental data.
• 1+ years of hands-on experience with machine learning, predictive modeling, and statistical analysis techniques in a business environment.
• Development experience with Python or equivalent scripting languages.
• Demonstrated knowledge in of extracting data using SQL.
• Experience with AWS, ability to build models on messy, real-world, big data.
• Ability to tackle very loosely defined problems and consistently deliver elegant, modular and scalable solutions in a timely manner.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of audio storytelling and spoken-word entertainment, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.