|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
For more than 15 years, Amazon Web Services, AWS has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 200 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world-including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies-to power their infrastructure. Within the AWS WWCO Commercial Sales organization, the Specialized Sales Operations team is responsible for supporting Leadership, Sales, and Operational teams in achieving organizational objectives and driving continuous improvements in field productivity. We drive effectiveness, predictability, and deliver a "run the business" cadence that allows for the field to serve customers in the way customers want to be served.
The AWS Specialized Sales Operations team is looking for a results-oriented Senior Sales Analytics and Insights Lead. In this strategic role, you willown defining, building, and scaling metrics and analytical insights that will support the WWSO (Worldwide Specialist Organization)leaders, proactively engage with senior Sales and Business Development leaders to define reporting priorities and to ensure we are tackling the most important business problems and surfacing the best data and information to make optimal business decisions across our global program. This person will establish relationships with key stakeholders such as Sales, Business Development, Sales Operations, Data Engineers and Business Intelligence Engineers to build self-service reports, develop meaningful KPIs, provide actionable findings/insights, and establish automated processes for large scale data analyses. Acting as a business partner to key stakeholders/customers, you will provide data expertise and Sales Insights to drive business results.
We are seeking a Senior Sales Analytics and Insights Lead to join our Insights team with a desire to lead and learn from others and who knows how to execute and deliver on big ideas. The team will use a wide range of technologies, tools, methodologies, and analytic practices to address business challenges and deliver results while keeping their toolbox updated with the latest practices.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Defining the analytics toolkit roadmap, across the WWSO organization
• Support a variety of revenue, productivity, cost and other impactful initiatives through complex data modeling, sampling, and analysis projects that have applicability across geographical boundaries and customer segments
• Build relationships across Amazon, working with other analytics and data teams for insights and best practice sharing
• Lead a continuous learning environment with respect to utilizing the latest methodologies, technologies, and illustrative best practices to tell stories which can drive business decisions
• Collaborate with business leaders to identify and prioritize the highest impact analytics and data initiatives
• Drive data infrastructure operational excellence through optimization of data models and service, working closely with BIEs and data engineers
Position may be located in U.S. city near an AWS office: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Sunnyvale, Santa Monica, Seattle, Tempe. Relocation offered from within the US only to these locations.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 4+ years of Experience in Data Analytics
• 2+ years of Sales Analytics, Reporting and Operations Experience
• Data Extraction, Data Modeling and Data Visualization Experience
• Experience presenting Data to Director or C-level Audience (Senior Executives)
• Experience Building a Reporting and Metrics Strategy
• SQL Proficient, Excel Proficient, plus Experience with Data Visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau or similar)
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Data Modeling, Data Visualization, Business Intelligence, or Analytics
• 3+ years of experience driving Insight into Sales Data, Analytics, Reporting and Presenting findings to Senior Executives
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Excellent data extraction, analytical or problem solving skills.
• Expertise in data visualization tools or storytelling
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's Leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $85,800/year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
San Francisco, California
P ursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Los Angeles, California
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.