|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they might want online or offline. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
The Amazon India Marketplace is one of the most innovative and fastest growing businesses at Amazon. This critical role will lead a team of Strategic Account Managers (SAM) and Category Business Development Managers (CBDM) for the OHL business.
Strategic Account Managers grow business with the largest and most strategic sellers on Amazon.in. We provide high touch, personalized 1:1 interaction between an Account Manager and a Seller that involve a year-long business and risk management consultative model.
Category BDMs define category-specific focus for developing the Marketplace seller business, leads strategic projects and holds responsibility for planning and business reporting.
The position is based at the Amazon India headquarters in Bangalore.
Role and Responsibilities:
- People Management responsibility
- Business Development
• Define category focus for the Marketplace organization
• Collaborate with Category Management and Sales for brand/seller recruitment
• Attend tradeshows and other seller-facing events to identify key sellers, brands who may want to operate as sellers and understand category-relevant trends
• Approve deals based on SOP agreed with category management (and other teams like Finance or Site Merchandising, as necessary)
• Resolve seller-related escalations for the Marketplace, where SOPs do not suffice, and BDM intervention is required
- Strategic Projects
• Lead deployment of seller-facing features & functionality within category
• Identify and initiate projects for improving seller program & platform
• Lead scalable projects to improve data & product
- Seller engagement
• Provide inputs to Account Management for identifying strategic sellers
• Share category goals and best practices with sellers
• Perform high-level business reviews - understand their strategy and goals
• Communicate category-specific policy changes
• Identify marketing opportunities within the category
• Collaborate with internal teams to identify and mitigate category specific seller issues (counterfeit, gray market goods, review abuse, etc.)
- Business Reporting
• Represent the Marketplace business for the category at review meetings
• Provide financial planning inputs
• Analyze the business to understand trends, shifts, spikes/dips etc.
• Understanding of the retail and wholesale landscape in India with exposure to prior interactions with sellers and distributors
• Experience in people management
• Experience analyzing data and best practices to assess performance drivers
• 6+ years of sales experience
• MBA or equivalent, with at least 6 years of experience in Sales/Account management, E-commerce or retail.
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Experience in directly leading operational and project teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
• Work experience in consumer product sales/marketing or in e-commerce.
• Prior experience influencing C-level executives.