|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you want to help US Higher Educational institutions realize the benefits of cloud computing for students, faculty, and researchers? Do you have experience working with Higher Educational institutions to identify how technical solutions can solve business problems? AWS Education is looking for a Business Development Manager who understands business trends impacting Higher Education institutions to drive market development through insightful segmentation, solutions, programs, and sales campaigns.
Your responsibilities will include: Thinking Big - you will identify customer and business needs and create scalable strategies for new business opportunities. Executing - beyond initiating and designing strategic projects, you also need to be capable of excellent execution, implementing new solutions in conjunction with the Higher Education sales and vertical teams. Collaborating - the successful creation and execution of strategic initiatives and tactics will involve engaging across various internal stakeholders, strategic customers, and partners. Analysis and Scale - you will identify metrics and track results to fail fast and scale successes. You will work closely with Business Operations, Account Managers, Solution Architects, and Marketing.
The ideal candidate will have a business and product background with experience working with Higher Education customers. Experience with building and implementing go to market plans. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to dive deep into business problems, propose solutions, and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. A successful candidate demonstrates strong ownership, teamwork, and grit.
• Identify initiatives and solutions to accelerate cloud adoption and solve problems for Higher Education customers in the field of Learning Technologies.
• Develop go to market strategies that will accelerate the teaching and learning mission at Universities and Colleges.
• Engage with key consortium partners to build AWS's voice in the market.
• Create mechanisms to scale sales programs and campaigns.
• Identify customer trends to spread cloud success strategies across customer segments.
• Execute in partnership with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
• Write executive-level documents for business reviews and investment opportunities.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 10+ years of experience leading business development activities including presenting to all levels of technical and non-technical leadership internally and for external organizations.
• 5+ years of business development or product management experience in or selling to the Education/EdTech industry.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience with AWS services. Experience in a Higher Education setting.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.