|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Care is looking for a Senior Product Manager (Technical) to join our team. We are a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access. We are an innovative, cross-platform, customer-obsessed team, working in an innovative environment. Our organization rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining the direct to market product focus. Our mission is to invent and simplify large-scale solutions and bring the future to customers and clinicians.
The Senior Product Manager (Tech) will be responsible for visioning, scoping, and building technology products from the ground up that support the patient experience. You will develop the strategy, vision, and roadmap for the product. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with other product managers, engineering, design, and executive teams to bring products and features to market. Successful candidates will be strong, self-driven leaders who can develop compelling experiences at scale, communicate clearly and with data, prioritize effectively, and have a consistent track record of delivery. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The candidate will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment. This is an opportunity to build something new for Amazon that has a potential to change the world - come join us!
Some of the key job functions are:
• Identify opportunities, create business cases, and champion your vision to build organizational alignment around priorities, features, and capabilities
• Create the roadmap for first-party and third-party tools and systems that make our vision possible and allow us to deliver best-in-class health care
• Write requirements and specifications to meet business requirements and drive the product development schedule from design to release
• Perform supporting research and analysis for your products by gathering data, diving deep into and customer experiences, and prototyping solutions
• Work cross-functionally with engineering, , and other product managers to find the best solutions
• Partner with UX designers to design tools that make very complex workflows simple for end users
• Define, prioritize, and plan the resources needed for programs and projects to be delivered on time
• Manage communication of product feature/release timelines to key stakeholders
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BA or BS degree
• 5+ years of health information systems experience (e.g., EHR, practice management software, billing and payments)
• 5+ years of healthcare industry experience
• 3+ years of experience in complex technical product management and implementation
• 5+ years of experience leading and interacting with cross-functional and dispersed teams
• 3+ years experience delivering third-party tools and integrations in a healthcare setting
• 5+ years experience as a technical product manager for v1 customer facing digital products that solve problems for the end user.
• 5+ years experience managing a large scale digital product from vision to launch, as well as further iterations through every stage of the software development life cycle
• Experience delivering customer software products and services in a high-growth healthcare environment
• Expertise in healthcare data structures, taxonomy, and lifecycle
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back-up assumptions, make recommendations, and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage tradeoffs
• Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing stakeholders and executives
• High attention to detail including precise and effective communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Experience in scaling new businesses
• Experience working in an agile environment
• MBA or Master's Degree in a related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.