|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Imagine being part of a team that owns one of the largest supply chain simulation systems in the world to predict inventory flows for the millions of items available on Amazon.com worldwide. Inventory planning involves many algorithms to buy inventory in the right quantities, at the right frequencies, from the right vendors, and assigning to the best warehouse to fulfill customer demand to optimize long term free cash flow for Amazon. Our system lives at the heart of these algorithms, keeping up with the rapid pace of optimization improvements and simulating how they interact with each other. We simulate what these systems will do for months into the future, predicting inventory flows and key operational and financial metrics across the network. This experimentation platform is critical in understanding labor needs, managing our network capacity, and allowing continued optimizations to the many algorithms we simulate. Imagine enabling Amazon's supply chain systems to make data driven decisions based on simulations of trillions of inventory events per day.
As the product owner, your will be responsible for driving the end state vision of supply chain simulations at Amazon. You are expected to be a thought leader defining the simulation landscape, bring both business and technical acumen to define product road map and execution. You will partner with research scientists, statisticians, software teams and global supply chain teams to identify new capabilities and projects. You will also evangelize new features to our clients, working to accelerate their adoption, track the realized savings and impacts, and communicate results with senior leaders.
This highly visible role requires a leader who can partner with technical and business teams across Amazon, around the world. You must have the experience and capability to create and present documentation for senior executives and align your road map with Amazon's strategic objectives.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. Successful candidates should be experienced in working with data to analyze root causes, implementing long term solutions, and leading teams with advanced analytical, mathematical, and quantitative capabilities. They will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment oriented around building the world's most flexible and automated supply chain management technology.
• Advanced degree (Masters, PhD) in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering or related field and/or MBA
• 5+ years of business management, product management, or product development experience;
• Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions;
• Experience working in a fast-paced, high impact environment;
• Executive Presence: comfort leading meetings and communicating with senior leadership
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
• Experience in supply chain, inventory management, simulations, machine learning, operations research
• Experience leading product management for large scale products
• Demonstrated experience incubating and commercializing new technology, working closely with research scientists and engineering teams from idea generation through implementation