|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As an Engineering Program Specialist you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design and develop innovative consumer products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The Engineering program management group in Hardware Engineering is looking for an individual who wants to work on cool products that are growing at a rapid pace. We are a critical part of the hardware development process. The Engineering Program Specialist will ensure ongoing support, help grow the capabilities of our current processes to meet our needs, and drive continuous improvement. While your primary responsibility will be to support the Technical Program Manager, you will also work with a cross-functional team that includes Engineering, Product Management, Operations and many other groups.
Some specific examples of responsibilities will include coordinating engineering builds at suppliers, maintaining program budget and purchase orders, getting approvals for key project milestones, etc.
In this role, you will:
• Deliver results on complex medium to large scale projects involving teams across the company
• Support hardware development builds
• Lead weekly build readiness meeting with Contract Manufacturing, Engineering, and Materials Procurement teams
• Track prototype device allocations
• Create and structure Bill of Materials (BOM) and communicate new part numbers to internal teams, and with the Contract Manufacturer
• Write Engineering Change Orders (ECO) in Agile and manage changes to the BOMs
• Drive continuous improvements
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years of experience in a similar role
• 3+ years of exposure in Consumer Electronics
• Experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tools; Agile
• Interest in technical program management
• Exposure to system/device builds and planning
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple programs efficiently
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//