|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Cloud is where it's at - this goes without saying. Enterprises of all shapes and sizes are moving to the cloud and they need your help to do it. If you want to help shape the products, programs, people, and services needed to enable this mass migration - read on. This is no small challenge as you'll be responsible for ensuring all the moving parts are heading in the right direction to get an exponentially growing list of companies moved to the cloud. If you're interested in having a measurable impact on businesses ranging from educations institutions through to multi-national corporations - this is the role for you.
Databases and Analytics Services at AWS covers a range of data platforms including Amazon Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, as well as AWS Database Migration Service, Data Pipeline, Glue and more. As each service grows, so does adoption by customers world-wide. You will be responsible for AWS Database Migration Service product management to drive migrations to the cloud.
Joining the AWS Database Services team as a PM-T gives you the opportunity to:
• Shape the future roadmap of a range of services
• Drive decisions behind new products and services even before they're launched
• Engage with companies in a diverse range of industries and verticals
• Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize computing in the cloud
• Work for a company that's at the forefront of the cloud computing space
• Be involved in the fast growing, big data space - learn from the experts
In this position you will deal with demanding customers and pressing deadlines - but that just keeps things interesting. You'll have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated experience working with cross-functional teams. You should have proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and be excited to take on new, ambiguous projects that will be industry defining. This position requires a solid technical background, and you should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and information technology. Past experience in databases and analytics are a plus, but not required.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Defining the processes, contributing to the design, and building the content for migration tooling at AWS
• Working with customers, AWS sales, professional services, solution architects and other product teams to drive migrations
• Supporting and shepherding the entire migration life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution
• Contributing to the vision, product strategy and road map for AWS DMS and working with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. sales, partner team, team leaders, etc.
• Identifying technical solutions to migration accelerators while ensuring appropriate resources including training and support are available as required
• Communicating relevant roadmap updates to interested parties
• Establishing goals and reviewing metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success
• Research and identify new opportunities for AWS to innovate on behalf of our customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 6+ years in product management or product marketing is required
• Bachelor degree in a related field is required
• A business degree or similar with work experience in a related field preferred
• Previous experience managing Software-as-a-Service technology products and managed services.
• Understanding of the Enterprise services space, particularly database and analytics.
• Experience with building products and services for partners, resellers, managed services providers, and consulting companies
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
• Ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements
• Ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion
• Excellent speaking-listening-writing skills, attention to details, proactive self-starter.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
• Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
• MBA or similar degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.