|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Do you want to be part of Amazon Studios, joining a team that will provide new and incredible experiences to audiences around the world? Do you want to deliver state-of-the-art, consumer-facing machine learning products that most people cannot yet imagine?
If your answers to these questions are "yes", then come join us and be part of this exciting, newly funded and fast-growing initiative. Our team is leveraging the latest breakthroughs in artificial intelligence to invent a completely new way of watching video content. We expect our solution to disrupt the media and entertainment industry and delight audiences around the world. We are looking for talented and ambitious teammates who will Think Big with us. If you have a passion for groundbreaking technology and highly disruptive products, come and join us!
For this initiative, the Amazon Studios Technology Strategy & PMO is seeking a program manager to own and facilitate status reporting, risk and issue tracking, stakeholder management, and process definition across partner teams. You will work closely with top AI scientists, software engineers, product managers, and others. You will be joining on the ground floor and grow with our team all the way through to our launch.
As the program manager for this new and exciting initiative, you will:
• Consolidate all existing project plans and develop the single source of truth on whether we are trending towards an on-time launch
• Challenge the status quo, ask appropriate questions to determine root cause of issues, and negotiate solutions, timelines, and mitigation plans
• Collaborate with stakeholder teams to identify deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation for projects and initiatives
• Interact with business owners regularly for both formal and informal updates on key technical components and deliverables
• Develop and report on projects, metrics, and KPIs
• Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risks, create mitigation plans, balance business needs with technical constraints, and escalate concerns
• Scope and manage the delivery of the initiative, end-to-end
• Drive project schedules from design to release
• Coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and partner to develop optimal solutions
• Make appropriate trade-offs to optimize release schedules, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional, local, and remote project teams
• 3+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams
• Experience managing cross-functional programs and release schedules
• Experience building and evaluating system-level technical design
• Experience developing and executing/delivering product and technical roadmaps
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with machine learning and computer vision
• 5+ years of experience managing strategic projects
• PMP and/or Scrum Certification
• Experience working with Research and Development teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.