|Category||Finance & Accounting||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Advertising Finance is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to be a part of the Custom Advertising finance team for a rapidly growing Amazon Advertising business. The Custom Advertising business provides advertisers with solutions that are bespoke and specifically tailored towards unique requirements. The complex nature of Custom executions result in Amazon Advertising's largest and most conspicuous campaigns.
This role will manage FP&A activities, partner with business teams in creating and review of business metrics, drive productivity, create financial models and drive automation initiatives. The successful candidate will be thoughtful, analytical, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively influence the decisions of senior business leaders through clear verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The role operates in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and will provide decision support and advice for key business leaders.
A day in the life
As a Sr. Financial Analyst on the Custom Advertising Finance team, you will be working directly with business leaders to provide insightful financial reports and help influence business decisions. In addition to reporting, you will support new products and initiatives by creating pricing and profitability models. You will also work with our FP&A partners to accurately forecast revenues as well as the headcount needed to meet those goals.
About the hiring group
The Custom Advertising Finance team is part of the larger Advertising Finance organization, which supports the different Amazon Advertising business groups. The team acts as the primary finance partner of the Custom Advertising business and will work closely with the business to drive topline growth and exciting new initiatives. Our mission is to provide our business partners with the necessary insights needed to make the right decisions while also supporting constant innovation.
• Implement and drive the core financial processes and reporting for the business
• Lead Financials, Business Metrics and Goals Reviews with senior leadership
• Develop pricing models and financial reports for new products and initiatives and
• Create short and long term financial forecast to assist business in decision making
• Identify and create business metrics to understand the operational and financial health of the business and drive improvement
• Influence others, insist on the highest standards, have bias for action and challenge the status quo
• Identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures, and analyze business opportunities/investments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
5+ years' of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or similar degree
• MBA, CPA, or CMA preferred Basic SQL knowledge
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Strong ability to work and partner with business leaders to deliver results, including the ability to persuade with data
• Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital