|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Financial Services team is looking for a Partner Development Specialist to join our fast-paced team and help drive worldwide AWS adoption among Capital Markets solution providers. As a Partner Development Specialist you will have the opportunity to work closely with C-level and line of business executives across our partners and customers as well as teams across AWS, setting strategy and building relationships with leading financial solution providers in the capital markets space. Your specialized industry knowledge and expertise ensures that we are bringing together the leading community of capital markets solution providers on AWS.
You work closely with AWS partner teams, systems integrators and ISVs to align our overall segment and partner strategy, including identifying, recruiting, and developing key industry solutions. You will work cross-functionally with partners around the world to support and accelerate growth of the AWS capital markets partner community. You will also work closely with AWS Solutions Architects, Professional Services, Security, and Compliance teams to develop and promote partner best-practices in areas such as data security, resiliency and regulatory compliance. This is a broad based role requiring an understanding of cloud and partner technologies, go-to-market strategies, and capital markets trends.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong business development and capital markets background, with experience in developing and managing partner relationships. The candidate should have demonstrated experience engaging senior-level executives in past roles, and the ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the skill-set to drive strategic execution of sales and business development goals.
• Identifying, recruiting, and developing solutions with, and supporting joint sales and marketing efforts with key independent solutions vendors (ISV) and system integrators (SI)
• Developing long-term strategic relationships with key capital markets partners
• Developing and articulating a compelling value propositions around AWS partnerships with capital markets solution providers
• Evangelizing a partner value proposition internally throughout AWS and externally with customers
• Establishing AWS as the preferred cloud computing platform for capital markets software vendors
• Understanding the requirements of each partner segment and working closely with the internal AWS development teams to guide the direction of our programs
• Serve as a key member of the AWS effort in helping to define and deliver the overall go-to-market strategy for the segment
• Travel may be required for this role, up to 50%
• 5+ years partner development or consulting management experience in the capital markets industry
• Keen understanding of the systems and vendors that are used to support trading, clearing and settlement in the financial industry
• An ability to identify and clearly articulate the IT benefits and the business benefits associated with moving capital markets systems to the cloud.
• A team player who effectively integrates, motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members, sponsors, key stakeholders, and executives
• Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team relationships, team dynamics, and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels.
• 7+ years partner development or consulting management experience in the capital markets industry
• Knowledge of IT governance in financial industry including regulations, audit and compliance requirements
• Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex, large-company environment
• Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities
• Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute
• Excellent presentation, communication (oral & written), and relationship building skills, across all levels of management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us