|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Preferred candidates must live in the Central Region of the U.S.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the paradigm shift in computing and is looking for an experienced partner leader to build strong relationships with both technology and consulting organizations serving the needs of the State and Local Government (SLG) market, and manage the success of that respective partnership. As a Partner Strategist for one of the SLG Regions, you will have the exciting opportunity to deliver on our strategy to build mind share and adoption of the AWS cloud computing platform. By establishing and growing business and technical relationships, along with managing day-to-day interactions, you will be responsible for driving top line revenue growth and overall market adoption.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background to engage at the CxO level, as well as a business development background that enables them to easily interact with enterprise customers and sales executives. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey value propositions.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Understand opportunities and challenges in the changing landscape of the State and Local Government market, in order to help our growing partner ecosystem establish and successfully execute a cloud business model.
• Develop an overall regional partner strategy with SLG sales and solutions architect leadership teams.
• Identify, recruit, and engage new and existing AWS partners to support SLG needs.
• Identify, establish, and manage executive relationships with regional partners.
• Define a strategic partner plan and ensure it's in line with the sell to and sell through objectives by teaming with the SLG field sales team. This includes developing partner acceleration plans and establishing a process to tracking progress toward goals.
• Engage the partner field sales organization, channels and end customers to create and drive revenue opportunities for both parties.
• Deliver executive level quarterly reviews to partner CXO's.
• Set and manage revenue targets and work with the partners and AWS sales organizations to achieve/exceed goals.
• Position requires 30-40% regional travel
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 10+ years of sales and/or partner development experience in the technology industry with specific focus on software and services.
• 5+ years of demonstrated industry experience in building and optimizing partner programs to drive revenue growth
• 5+ years of experience in a leadership role supporting mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization with 2+ years of people management
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree
• 2+ years of experience working with US Public Sector, State, Local Government and/or Education customers
• Experience in contextualizing and/or promoting solution and strategy re-use across geographies, ideally globally.
• Experience working as a Partner Operations Leader, Partner Strategy Leader or Partner Programs Leader in an established public sector technology company
• Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.