|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
We are looking for a Software Development Manager for a new service which will act as the front gate for all AWS services. We will provide each customer their own view of AWS, completely isolated from every other customer. Imagine doing this at scale for millions of customers, handling hundreds of terabits/sec and millions of TPS.
We work with protocols at the lowest level. You will work with team of software development engineers who are the truly innovative, smart, passionate and customer obsessed. You love building new systems which fundamentally change how things are done. You hate status quo and believe that we are only limited by our imagination. You want to do amazing things and build systems that would become part of technical folklore.
You will own defining the service road map, growing and managing the team as well as diving deep into the design and architecture. This is a high visibility role with the opportunity to positively impact our most-critical customers and their businesses. If you think you are the one we are looking for, we would love to talk to you.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is diverse! We drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Latinos at Amazon, Indigenous at Amazon, Families at Amazon, Amazon Women and Engineering, LGBTQ+, Warriors at Amazon (Military), Amazon People With Disabilities, and more.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 6+ years of experience building successful production software systems
• 3+ years' experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
• Excellent track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Experience in a leadership position of a team delivering solutions at scale
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Masters or equivalent in Computer Science or Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.