|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - California|
Amazon Personalize is a deep learning AWS Service that makes it easy for developers to create individualized recommendations for customers. We're building a large-scale machine learning platform and are looking for senior technical leaders to architect and develop the platform.
If you're passionate about large-scale data systems, and have prior experience in solving problems of consistency, availability and building large scale distributes systems, enjoy extracting maximum performance at every layer of the stack, let's talk.
You'll collaborate with product managers and scientists to rapidly deliver production ready machine learning solutions that have a broad business impact. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup within AWS AI, where you'll be working on cutting edge technology, influence and shape the technology, product and business.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 7+ years experience in hands-on server-side development
• Expertise in concurrent programming, and JVM based languages like Java/Scala
• Proven experience in architecting, building and delivering large-scale highly available and fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Strong communicator - ability to adapt verbal, written communication to audience
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to lead and influence technical direction, and best practices
• Experience designing and implementing low latency systems
• Exposure to AWS Cloud computing would be a plus
• MS or PhD in computer science or related field
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation