|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Interested in Machine Learning? As the SDE on the SageMaker UI team, you'll get to work on:
1. The SageMaker Management Console (https://console.aws.amazon.com/sagemaker )
This is one of AWS' largest consoles, and we're not slowing down! The baseline requirement is to keeps parity with SageMaker's rapidly expanding HTTP API's, but we'll push to also develop unique experiences for SageMaker metadata that are only possible in a browser or mobile device. You own our webservers and the bytes they vend, including the design, testing, continuous deployment, operations, usage analytics, and customer support.
2. Custom UI/widgets for AWS ML's Notebook authoring and data scientist IDE experience
From a browser, we're making a highly scalable and collaborative data science workbench so a data scientist, developer, or student can launch a wholly configured and sharable workspace in the cloud.
• Work closely with senior engineers, UX designers, and product managers to develop friendly UI experiences.
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or Engineering with ideally 15+ years of relevant software development and engineering management experience
• Solid communication skills and ability to work well in a team are critical.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
• A leadership position in a team delivering remarkable user experiences in industry leading products
• Work experience delivering one or more version one products, ideally in a startup setting
You'll be well supported with by a group with deep technical chops, including multiple senior and principal engineers.
Amazon SageMaker was launched by the AWS AI group at Re:Invent of 2017, with a truck-ton more functionality released over 2019. We have a rich roadmap for 2020 in order to to make SageMaker the leading ML platform. The team is growing rapidly and we are looking for seasoned engineering leaders to join us in this exciting journey.
What is SageMaker?
Amazon SageMaker (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/) is a fully-managed Machine Learning platform that makes it easy to build ML models, manage them, and integrate them with custom applications for batch or online predictions. SageMaker takes away the "heavy-lifting" normally associated with large-scale Machine Learning implementations so that developers and scientists can focus on the truly creative work of modeling and solving the business problem at hand.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• 10+ years in developing software
• 5+ years in engineering people management position
• Demonstrated experience in Java and/or client-side technologies such as React JS and be familiar with software development under UNIX/Linux.
• Candidates must have a strong computer science background.
• Experience building tools for data scientists or developers.
• Attuned design sense so can collaborate with UX designers and hold a high bar with "backend" SDE's.
• Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context.
• Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
• Machine learning knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.