|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Want to work with cutting-edge technologies like distributed databases, blockchain, cryptography, and cloud computing? Interested in helping customers leverage new technologies to solve innovative use cases? Come join the Amazon Managed Blockchain team!
Amazon Managed Blockchain is a fully managed service that makes it easy for customers to create and managed scalable blockchain networks using the popular open source frameworks Hyperledger Fabric and Ethereum. The Amazon Managed Blockchain team is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer who is passionate about building new products from the ground up and has an entrepreneurial approach to building new services for customers. The ideal candidate for this position has a proven track record of delivering outstanding products at scale and is passionate blockchain, distributed systems, containers, cryptography, distributed ledgers, and cloud scale software. You would be a core part of defining the technical direction and culture of this new team. This is a great opportunity for you to interact directly with customers and influence definition and design from scratch.
More information about Amazon Managed Blockchain: https://aws.amazon.com/managed-blockchain/
Your responsibilities will include:
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Evolving the technical direction of the service
- Deliver high-quality systems and features for customers
- Own the software development process end-to-end, including working with stakeholders to determine requirements, designing, architecting, planning, implementing, testing, and operating new systems and features
- Career development of junior engineers
- Engaging in and contributing to relevant open source projects
We are building new AWS services and features from the ground up, offering a unique opportunity for engineers who want to help define, design, build, and operate cloud services that are changing the world and enabling our customers. Additionally, you will get to collaborate with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry and join a fast-paced and growing team in one of the most innovative technology companies. Come join us to Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years professional software engineering experience
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong proficiency in developing objected-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Java, C, C++, C#)
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software on time
- Possesses strong analytical skills, with excellent problem-solving abilities in the face of ambiguity
- Very strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience designing and building highly-scaled distributed systems and web services
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems, concurrency, asynchronous architectures
- Experience working in an agile software development organization
- Experience working with blockchain frameworks such as Ethereum and the Hyperledger projects
- Experience in writing smart contracts for blockchain frameworks
- Experience building with SOA using Java on Linux
- Experience in enterprise software or cloud services
- Masters degree in Computer Science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.