|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Have you wanted an opportunity to develop the software applications and services for an advanced global telecom service? This role is for a Software Development Engineer who will design, build, and maintain components and services of Project Kuiper's Customer Engagement Systems. Our team owns developing the architecture, solutions & roadmap for managing the customer lifecycle for telecom services; for example identity and account management, subscriber management services, user provisioning, billing and payments, customer and technical support tools, offer management tools, and customer metrics and analytics.
• Design and Implement Telecom Components, Applications and Services
• Partner with the Satellite, Networks and Security engineering teams
• Design components, services, and relevant data models
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work expereince.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with Telecom applications and systems.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age / Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us