|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you interested in building state of the art scalable data platform that will power AWS Machine Learning services making a lasting impact on society?
The AWS Computer Vision Data Platform team is looking for a talented software development manager who has the passion to tackle ambiguous and challenging problems by bringing latest technologies to customer facing computer vision products like Amazon Rekognition (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/) and Amazon Textract (https://aws.amazon.com/textract/).
The mission of the AWS Computer Vision Data Platform team is to build an end to end data platform (data collection, selection/active learning, annotation, training and deployment) and computer vision specific annotation User Experiences to deliver high quality training datasets at scale.
In this role, you will lead the design, development, testing and deployment of the data platform. You will draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to mentor engineers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues. You will manage and be responsible for delivering platform level features which can be used across the organization and deliver large scalable systems which will have a significant impact on our business.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 2+ years of professional full stack software development experience
• 2+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Experience building complex, scalable, high-performance software systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Master's Degree or PhD in Computer Science with specialization in machine learning / computer vision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software for multi tenant use.
• Experience in defining processes and establishing mechanisms that improves the efficiency of software development for customers and developers
• Programming in Python, Java, C and/or C++ in a Linux environment
• Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.