|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you a Software Developer who wants to help build a strategic area within Amazon? Amazon Groceries is a pioneering business offering ultra-fast delivery and pickup on fresh grocery, household essentials, and the best of Amazon.com through brands like Amazon Fresh, Prime Now, and Whole Foods. We are seeking a talented Software Developer in New York City to build the best grocery shopping experience on the planet, improve the experience for new customers, and provide clear and consistent messaging throughout the shopping journey.
In this role, you will design, develop, test, and deploy innovative products, tools, and services to remove unwanted chores from our customers' lives by providing easy, fast, and high-quality ways to feed themselves and their families. You will work with business leaders and product managers to shape these products and to develop and deliver the associated software services, infrastructure and tools to enable rapid growth.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing systems, strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. We seek an individual who is motivated by delivering customers the future of grocery in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
• Build and support software system and features, adhering and improving our coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operational excellence
• Build distributed systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage, use and maintain
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Familiarity with cloud computing and tradeoffs for balancing latency and availability with infrastructure usage costs.
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
. Experience applying best practices for continuous integration and deployment
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.